Adult Family Violence
February 15, 2024 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm£45
Domestic abuse takes place within intimate relationships, but also within the family. Adult Family Violence (AFV) is a less well-understood aspect of domestic abuse. Parents, siblings and adult children may live in fear of their own family members, feeling unable to reach out and access effective support.
On completion of this session, you will be able to:
- Describe the definition of adult family violence in the context of domestic abuse
- Understand how best to support victims of this kind of abuse
- Describe some of the risk factors associated with adult family violence
- Explain the barriers to reporting victims may face
- Identify next steps and describe best practice
- Explain the local referral pathways and how agencies locally can support with a range of issues.
The course costs £45 and you will have the option to pay using a Debit or Credit card after registering. You will also be given the opportunity to request an invoice at this stage if you prefer. All invoice requests must be received within 7 days of registration, otherwise your place will be cancelled.
Our training events are usually heavily oversubscribed. If there are no places left for this training session, please email us at: email@example.com and we will let you know when new dates become available.