- This event has passed.
Café Neuro York Launch Event
September 28 @ 3:30 pm - 5:00 pmfree
Taking place at the New Earswick Folk Hall on Thursday 28 September from 3.30 – 5pm, we would like to invite you to come and discover the work we do to enhance the psychological and social wellbeing of local people with long-term neurological conditions.
A small York-based charity, Café Neuro York, hosts two monthly café meetings, which provide local people with neurological conditions peer support, the opportunity to develop and form new friendships as well as enhance their life experiences through recreational activity. The charity was set up with people who have a long-term neurological conditions and will develop based on their needs and wishes. We aim to support people to connect with other like-minded people, remaining active and engaged with activities, learning new skills, giving to others, and being mindful. We also aim to provide a resource for people over many topics, for example access to and talks on benefits advice.
Our vision over the next 12 months is to increase the number of people attending our social cafés. With more people, we will be able to offer more talks, speakers, and resources that the members have requested.
Whether you are a healthcare professional looking to signpost people with neurological conditions to local services, looking for social opportunities for a family member or maybe you are looking for community provisions for to participate in yourself, we would love you to join us at our launch event.
Throughout the event, you can:
- meet our trustees and discover why they set up the charity
- get involved in some of the activities that we host at our cafés
- connect with some of our members who will tell you how the cafés have shaped their lives for the better
- enjoy a complimentary afternoon tea
The event will take place at the New Earswick Folk Hall on Thursday 28th September between 3pm and 5pm and everyone is welcome.
For any questions and to let us know you are coming and any dietary requirements contact:
Or phone: 07707 708244
- Free car parking is available on-site with four designated Blue Badge bays just outside the main entrance
- The number one bus stop is outside the venue
- Every entrance into the New Earswick Folk Hall is accessible
- Signage is designed to make it easier for people to find their way around, with colour coding to guide to key services and rooms, and symbols to support those with difficulty reading
- A Changing Places facility is available
- Portable hearing loops are available
- If you have any other accessibility requirements which has not been listed here, please let us know by emailing: email@example.com