- This event has passed.
Carers’ rights at work
November 26, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 amFree
Holding down a paid job alongside caring responsibilities can be complicated and stressful. Some feel giving up work is the only option. Knowing your rights and having support in place can make it easier to manage. This event helps you find out more about your rights as a working carer and will include:
- A talk from David Scott, Hethertons Solicitors, about employment law (incl. disability discrimination and the Equality Act 2010), statutory rights in employment, and variations of employment contracts.
- A short talk about the benefits to employers and the economy of supporting working carers to stay in work.
- Information about working carers, welfare benefits and where to find more support.
- Opportunities to ask questions of the speakers and York Carers Centre’s advice and support team.
- Virtual tea, real cake – delivered to your door!
If you can’t attend and would like information about your rights in employment, or getting back into employment please contact our Carer Advice Worker on 01904 715490 or email firstname.lastname@example.org