- This event has passed.
Grub Up: Feeding the World With Crop Waste and Bugs
April 17 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pmfree
YorkIdeas on the Green talks
YorkIdeas, at the University of York, is teaming up with Angel on the Green – a community-owned enterprise – to bring ideas, research and engagement into York’s neighbourhoods.
On selected Monday evenings, a speaker from the University of York will set out a big idea in conversation with anyone who wants to come along and hear their reactions and ideas.
The seven-part series – free to attend for all – will explore some of the most pressing challenges our society is facing and the ideas and research that aim to solve them.
Grub up: feeding the world with crop waste and bugs
Did you know that by 2050 there will be a staggering 50% deficit in protein supply? Meet Venturing Business Scientist Alex Setchfield, who will share his discovery of a sustainable solution to bridging the protein gap.
Other talks in the series:
• What’s in Our Rivers?
• Digital Rights: What Are They and Why Should We Care About Them?
• Tackling Inequality and Poverty: Community Wealth Building
• Exploring Art and Why It Matters
• From Spiders and Dogs to Vomit and Needles: Single-session Phobia Treatment for Children and Adolescents
• Policing and the Most Vulnerable in Society