- This event has passed.
Inclusive Communications – A training event
May 11, 2021 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pmFREE but booking with eventbrite is required
About this Event
We’re hosting an online training session for York’s voluntary, community and social enterprise sector in partnership with Diversity and Ability.
An engaging training session for communications, marketing and customer experience teams to enhance communications and marketing material, and ensure content is accessible to all.
The training will work to improve understanding of disability, neuro diversity and assistive technology and highlight the small changes that can have a huge difference in accessibility and engagement.
The session aims to:
- Create a safe and inclusive training environment;
- Increase awareness, understanding and confidence around disability and neuro diversity;
- Discuss the benefits and purpose of inclusive communications;
- Share the simple steps you can take to adapt your content to be inclusive and accessible;
- Give a run-down of the different inclusive practices across all main social media channels and your websites.
Diversity and Ability is a multi award-winning disabled-led social enterprise which supports organisations to create inclusive cultures where diversity is value and people can thrive. Ellie Thompson , Communications Officer, Diversity and Ability will be leading the training session.
For further questions contact Jane Granville Funding and Development Officer at email@example.com