- This event has passed.
Let’s get talking!
July 13 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Welcome to Women in Tech York’s July event!
Who are we?
Women in Tech York is a community of like-minded individuals studying, working or interested in technology. Our goal is to run events where we can share our knowledge and interests, as well as encourage and empower one another. Our events are not exclusive to women; we welcome anyone passionate about tech and increasing diversity in the field. Events run on the 2nd Thursday of the month.
We welcome all students who are interested in learning more about Tech, and career progression in the industry.
Doors open at 18:00, you are welcome to arrive any time between 18:00 and 18:30. You’ll be asked to take a seat at 18:30 and the event will begin at approximately18:35.
Christina Lovelock will be talking about her public speaking journey, and how she’s given over 60 talks in just 9 years! We’ll also be discussing what makes an engaging talk, and sharing some practical tips for writing and giving a talk.
As always, there will be a free buffet (vegetarian and vegan options available) thanks to our sponsors BJSS and Isotoma. Please let us know about allergies in advance.
Please note that timings are approximate, and that this month we are only offering in-person tickets.
Got an idea for a future talk?
Submit your talk details here – we review them with our team and vote for talks we’d like to hear most.
Nervous about joining?
We’re a very friendly group! If you’d like to chat to us beforehand you can join our Slack and LinkedIn communities or contact us directly via Twitter or email if you have any questions.
- Slack: https://wit-york.slack.com
- LinkedIn: Women in Tech York
- Twitter: @WiT_York
- Instagram: womenintechyork
- Email: WomenInTechYork@gmail.com
- Website: https://www.wityork.org.uk/contact
What safety measures are in place?
- We are limiting the number of in person tickets so we can all keep a comfortable distance
- We encourage you to use the hand sanitiser provided
Can you cater for allergies and dietary requirements?
We will always do our best to cater for everyone. If you let us know about your requirements at least 72 hours in advance we’ll pass them on to the venue and ask them to accommodate.
If you have any concerns about the food on the night then please speak to a member of staff. Nutritional information can be found on Manahatta’s website. If you need to know what food will be provided ahead of time then please let us know.
Is this event accessible?
- We’ve booked a private upstairs area for this event, but we’ve been informed we can switch to a downstairs room if required – please get in touch if you’d prefer a downstairs room and we’ll do our best to accommodate
- We usually use Google Slides and can turn on captions if required
- We ask our speakers to use the microphones provided
- Toilets are below ground level – please note there is a lift that can be used
Is this event inclusive ?
We try our best to make sure everyone feels included and welcome at Women in Tech York events
- Pronoun stickers are available for everyone (if your pronoun isn’t provided please let us know and we’ll get more created to include you)
- Red camera badges are available to indicate that you don’t want to be photographed
- Music is kept to a low volume
Code of Conduct
The short version of our code of conduct is be respectful. Everyone here is part of our community. We do not tolerate any form of harassment or abuse.