- This event has passed.
Paying for care? Know your rights
November 21, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Join York Carers Centre on Carers Rights Day, Thursday 21 November, for a ‘Paying for Care’ event, with talks and information from a range of organisations all about self-funding care. Details of the day and plan of speakers can be found below.
Thursday 21 November from 10am to 2pm
Denham Room, York CVS, Priory Street.
A light lunch will be provided, and you are welcome to bring the person that you care for.
Please let us know that you’ll be coming on 01904 715490 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Plan for the day:
- 10am: arrival, hot drinks and pastries
- 10.30am Adult social care assessment process – from City of York Council Adult Social Care team
- 10.55am Financial assessment processes – from City of York Council Income Services
- 11.15am: Independent financial advice
- 11.35am: Activities, events and services for carers – from Live Well York team
- 11.55am :What other support is available – York Carers Centre team
- 12.15pm: Lunch
- 12.45pm: Opportunity to browse information/obtain individual advice from speakers
- 2pm close