- This event has passed.
St Nicks Open Day for York Residents’ Festival
January 25, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pmFree
Come and enjoy:
- Free guided tours of the nature reserve start from the Environment Centre at 12pm, 1pm, 2pm & 3pm
- Family-friendly woodland trail and simple willow crafts
- Biochar demonstration – warm up by the fire and find out how biochar improves soils and helps combat climate change
- Advice on sustainability issues including recycling, as well as ecotherapy and volunteering opportunities
- Crafts display and sale by Eco-Crafters
- RSPB’s Garden Birdwatch – have an hour with nature: bring your own binoculars or borrow ours so you can record what birds you can in the reserve. We’ll be providing bum mats and cups of tea to keep you warm! Your observations will be added to the national as well as our own database so you’ll be contributing to the world’s largest wildlife survey.
- Refreshments by the fire and more…
Free entry for all. There is no need to book but registering interest is helpful.
The Centre and most of the tour route are accessible for wheelchairs; unfortunately, the woodland trail is not. Please note that car parking at the Centre is limited. If possible, please use public transport, cycle or walk (see our Directions page to plan your journey). The event is part of York Residents’ Festival organised by Visit York.