- This event has passed.
Youth Mental Health First Aid Awareness
January 29 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm£25
This StreetGames Youth Mental Health First Aid Awareness session will cover:
- Some of the common mental health issues affecting young people, including depression, anxiety, eating disorders and psychosis.
- Skills to work more effectively with young people living with mental health issues.
- Ways to support young people with a mental health issue and relate to their experiences.
At £25 per person, you are receiving a huge reduction in the learning costs thanks to funding through the North Yorkshire Sport Mental Health Fund (similar courses retail at £125 per person).
This session is a direct result of feedback from our latest Provider Survey and has been possible with support from the North Yorkshire Sport Mental Health Fund and partners including City of York Sport and Active Leisure Team and North Yorkshire Council.
What to expect:
You will get a manual to keep and refer to whenever you need it. When you complete the session, you will get a certificate to say you are Youth Mental Health Aware.
Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities.
Who is it for:
Clubs and community settings (for example, community activity project leaders, coaches and volunteers). You need to be 16+ to attend.
This course is one of 3 running to make sure it is accessible to as many people as possible. All dates for the same learning include:
- Saturday 20th January | 10am – 1pm
- Monday 29th January | 1pm – 4pm
- Monday 29th January | 5.30pm – 8.30pm