City of York Council is committed to supporting the York Human Rights City initiative in line with the Council’s priorities. We endeavour to promote York as a vibrant, diverse, fair, safe and international city.
In practical terms we are delivering in the following areas:
• a partner on the human rights city network steering group since its inception
• a partner on the Human Rights Indicator Project which sets a baseline for embedding a human rights approach in key service areas , to tell a story about and measure York’s progress as a Human Rights City.
• delivering human rights awareness amongst our workforce
• embedding a human rights approach in our decision making through our impact assessment process (sustainability/equalities/human rights/health)
• commitment from the Council’s political leadership to York as a Human Rights City